Hit false end 4, Revelation, and tried to "rebirth" to before my choice so I could stay on script, but it put me after that choice. Talking to the guy again went the same way, and didn't even let me escape to the main menu while the dialog was continuing, so I had to force close. I'm not willing to restart from the beginning, so I guess that's it. Pretty disappointing, honestly.
False Rebirth: Enhanced Edition
A downloadable game for Windows
This is a psychological, story-focused game about the last remaining human, and his search for meaning in a post-apocalyptic world.
This is the Enhanced Edition of the game, with updated graphics, an extra ending, bug fixes, and overall performance improvement.
- Thought-provoking story & dialogues.
- Detailed graphics with emphasis on visual storytelling.
- 6 Endings: 1 true ending and 5 false endings.
- Certain Graphical & Narrative Randomizations whenever you start a new game.
- An autosave feature. (No manual saving.)
- Title: False Rebirth Enhanced Edition
- Playtime: 45 min - 2 hrs
- Genre: Narrative driven, Psychological.
- Game Engine: RPG Maker MZ
- Play Mechanic: You walk (& run) from one place to the next, interact, have dialogue, make choices, and progress through the story. (There is no battle system.)
- OS: Windows 7, 8, or 10
- RAM: 4 GB
- Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 630 (or equivalent)
- Directx: Version 11
- Processor: 64-bit OS, Intel i5, Quad core (or equivalent).
- Storage: 420 MB of available space
- Controls Support: Keyboard, Mouse, or Gamepad. (Everything works. However, the game and instructions were made with keyboard as focus.)
- The game still has a few bugs. But none of them are game breaking. (If you encounter any game-breaking bug, please do let me know!)
- After you're done playing, be sure to comment, give your honest review, and rate the game however you feel!
- And you are free to make a let's play/walkthrough/gameplay video of this game as well.
- Getting an error on startup saying "Cannot read property 'blendModes' of undefined"? Update your video adapter to resolve this.
- Extract the .rar file.
- Open folder False Rebirth EE.
- Run file False Rebirth or False Rebirth.exe (.exe may be hidden depending on your Windows settings.)
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
And thank you so much for playing and commenting!
You may or may not play this game again. However, I wanted to take the time to say "thank you" to you for your review and comment.
I have now patched and fixed the issues you've had.
I have updated the game, removed the autosave that happens when player reaches a false ending scene.
That way, the player won't have to replay the game all over again after making a wrong choice. And can continue from before the last choice was made.
And I have also added an 'experimental-but mostly working' skip/game speed up option that the player can activate by pressing 'Q' or 'pageup' key. To skip through the scenes that you have already seen.
Anyways, thanks to you and your comment, the game is slightly better. And player would have a better experience playing through. So, thank you Alectric.
I have had to remove your game from the Interactive Fiction Jam due to evidence that it wasn't made within the 7 days before the jam or during the jam.
Ah, must have misread the description page.
Well, thank you for letting me know 7.
Awesome!!!!!!! I beat it!! awesome job, super dark had me hooked till the end!
I will play when can.
This game looks really amazing! :D <3 Congratulations on finishing it! ^_^ :) <3 Will play this when I can! :D